Friday, November 19, 2010

Where does all the time go???

I wish I had more time to do all the things my little heart desires. 1st would be spending more time on the floor playing with my boys. I need to make that more of a priority. What a difference it would make in their lives!!! 2nd would be getting current with our family scrapbooks. Until a year ago, I made time weekly to download pictures to our computer, get them printed and put them in a scrapbook. I use the term scrapbook loosely. I use a sticker here and there, but mostly use the scrapbook as medium to journal the life of my boys. And 3rd, I would clean out my garage and organize it just the way it should be.

After 1, 2, and 3 were completed I would spend more time making things. I am constantly drooling over all of the things (on everyones blog) that are being created. I feel like such a blog stalker. I read everyones blog at least 2 times a week and then look at the last time I posted and it was over 6 months ago. Who knows who even reads it. I am sure by now most of my friends and family have already deleted the link to my blog. I keep telling myself that as soon as I have time to download pictures, I will post a blog, because it is the pictures that everyone wants to see. I then came to the realization that I should blog for me and my boys and IF someone else finds pleasure reading my words than that is only a benefit.

So this is dedicated to my boys....

DREW - You are amazing! One day I hope you know how much I love and adore you. I don't just love you because you are my son, I love you because of who you are. You are thoughtful, kind, observant, athletic, smart, and oh so handsome. You don't know this, but so often I sit and watch you as your are eating a meal, reading a book, or even playing with Eason and I can't imagine my life without you. I can remember the day you were born and how it changed me as a person. You have taught me so much and I strive daily to be a better person because of you! I can't believe how big you are. You just lost your 2 front teeth and are so tall. You are only 6 and already stand at 4 feet 6 inches... CRAZY! I jokingly tell your dad that when you get into middle school the two of you can share shoes.

EASON - You are a love! I can't describe in words how much I just want to "eat you up". Every time I see you, I just want to squeeze you and never let you go. The world is a better place because you are a part of it. You definitely keep me on my toes. Sometimes I wonder if I'll be able to keep up with you and keep you challenged. Your memory is unbelievable for a 3 year old and you are oh so creative and witty. You are constantly cracking us up at the things you do and say. You will never have a hard time making friends. Everyone just loves you. I adore your curly hair. It makes me think of your grandpa Pappy, who died 2 months before you were born. You would have loved him and he would have thought you hung the moon.

SILAS - You are delicious! I can't wait to see who you become, but at the same time, I want you to stay my baby forever. You are walking and eating big people food now. I gave you a hamburger a couple weeks ago, and you ate it like I had been starving you. You couldn't cram it in your mouth fast enough. You already have such a quirky sense of humor. You love playing with your big brothers and if you don't get your way, you throw quite a little fit. I love the way you smell, still baby sweet... I love the way you bury your head into my neck right after you wake up. I love the way you pat my back when I carry you on my hip. As I am doing chores around the house, I love the way you are constantly at my feet as to say, "I know I'm safe with you momma." I think I just love everything about you!!!

I pray everyday that the 3 of you will be best friends forever. I pray that your lives will always include each other and that you understand the importance of being brothers. I also pray that you live with Christ in your heart and that your choices will reflect that. I pray that you respect others and that you always keep in mind what is better for the whole not just for the individual. I pray that you are blessed with happiness and sense of peace in your soul. I pray that even through trials and tribulations that you do what is right no matter the consequence. I pray that one day you will know how much I love each one of you for who you are. I thank God for blessing me with being your mommy!!!

1 comment:

Andria Gebhard said...

Oh! You are such a sweet and great mommy to your boys. They are blessed to have you as you are to have them. Kids are such a joy!!